Porcupine MeatballsFrom gingerlea 8 years ago
- 1/2 lb. lean hamburger meat shopping list
- Left over rice or boil 1/3 cup up shopping list
- 1/2 med. onion diced shopping list
- 1/4 green bell pepper diced shopping list
- 1 nice clove garlic minced shopping list
- sea salt and fresh cracked pepper to taste shopping list
- 8 oz. can tomato sauce shopping list
- 1/2 cup water shopping list
- 3 nice dashes of Worchestershire sauce shopping list
How to make it
- In a bowl mix (with your hands) hamburger, onion, garlic, bell pepper, salt and pepper. Add rice until you feel you have enough in the mixture.
- Make 1-1/2 inch diameter balls placing in a 9x9 bake dish lightly sprayed or oiled.
- Cover with foil and put in the refrigerator for about 15 minutes. This lets them firm up.
- In another bowl combine tomato sauce, water and Worchestershire.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Take meatbals out of refrigerator, pour sauce over, crack a bit more pepper over, cover back up with the foil and bake for 40 min. Uncover and bake for another 10 min.
The Cookgingerlea Tampa, FL
The Rating4 people
I used to make these all the time! I had forgotten about this recipe, thanks for posting it! I'll be making this soon, with maybe some green bean casserole and garlic mashed potatoes... or just a salad and some garlic bread... mmm...good stuff!itsjustjuwah in Jena loved it
Love these!organicmama in loved it
Mmmm.. In about an hour, I am SO going to make these for dinner. Thanks!callianthus in Flagstaff loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!