Butternut Four Cheese LasagnaFrom sola 7 years ago
- 2 cups peeld,diced Pumkin,Butternut or Hubbard squash shopping list
- 1 eggplant,peeld and sliced into 1/2 inch rounds shopping list
- 16 OZ ricotta cheese shopping list
- 8 Oz feta cheese,crumbled shopping list
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh basil shopping list
- 2 eggs,beaten shopping list
- 38 OZ tomato sauce,your favorite shopping list
- 9 lasagna noodles shopping list
- 8 OZ shredded mozzarella cheese shopping list
- 4 OZ Italian Blend shredded cheese or fresh grated parmesan cheese shopping list
- olive oil shopping list
- salt & pepper to taste shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Bring to boil large pot of water.
- Place squash in bowl,drizzle with oilive oil,toss to coat.Place on baking sheet,preferably lined with parchment paper or foil.Roast until tender,about 30 minutes.
- Place eggplant in colander,salt liberally,let sit one hour.Rinse off salt thoroughly .When squash done,remove from baking pan,set aside.Place eggplant on reserved parchment/foil roast until tender about 20 minutes.
- In medium bowl,stir together ricotta,feta,basil,eggs,salt and pepper.Mash squash lightly in seperate bowl,fold into ricotta mixture.
- Add lasagna noodles to pot of boiling water,cook 7 minutes.Place in colander, rinse under cold water.Lightly dab with paper towels to remove excess water from pasta.
- Spoon half tomato sauce into bottom of a 9X13 inch baking dish or pan.
- Lay 3 noodles over sauce.Arrange a single layer of eggplant slices over pasta,top with half the ricotta mixture.Cover with three more noodles.Spread remaining ricotta mixture.Sprinkle half the mozzarella on top.Add three remaining noodles,pour sauce over all and sprinkle remaining cheeses.
- Cover loosely with foil,careful not to touch cheese but folding over edges of pan.
- Bake in oven for 30-40 minutes,until golden and bubbly.Remove foil last 5 minutes.
- Allow to cool for 20-30 minutes before serving.
- NOTE:You may have more sauce than you need but I hate to be caught short at a critical moment!