Lemon Meringue PieFrom dragonflylady13 8 years ago
- Filling: shopping list
- ¼ C. corn Starch shopping list
- 1 C. sugar shopping list
- ¼ C. lemon juice shopping list
- 3 egg yolks shopping list
- 1 ¼ C. water shopping list
- 1 tsp. grated lemon rind (optional) shopping list
- 1 Tbsp. margarine or butter shopping list
- 1 pie shell (baked) shopping list
- Meringue: shopping list
- 3 egg whites shopping list
- 6 Tbsp. sugar shopping list
How to make it
- Filling: In a saucepan, combine corn starch, sugar and lemon juice. Mix well. Beat egg yolks, then add to corn starch mixture. Bring mixture to just boiling, then simmer gently for 5 minutes, stirring constantly. Remove from heat. Add margarine and grated lemon rind to thickened mixture and stir until thoroughly blended. Pour into baked pie shell.
- Prepare Meringue: Preheat oven to 400 Beat egg whites on high speed until soft peaks form. Gradually add sugar. Continue to beat until stiff glossy peaks form. Spread mixture over filling, carefully sealing entire edge of crust to prevent shrinking. Bake for 8 to 10 minutes or until golden. Cool for 2 hours on a cooling rack. Refrigerate and serve cold.
People Who Like This Dish 14
The Cookdragonflylady13 Wichita, KS
The Rating3 people
- Not added to any groups yet!