Chocolate meringue pieFrom ahmed1 7 years ago
- 225 grams digestive crumbs (graham crackers) shopping list
- 85 grams butter, melted shopping list
- Filling; shopping list
- 3 egg yolks shopping list
- 50 grams caster sugar shopping list
- 4 tbsp cornflower shopping list
- 2 ½ cups full cream milk shopping list
- 100 grams dark or plain chocolate, melted. shopping list
- Meringue: shopping list
- 3 egg whites shopping list
- 125 grams caster sugar shopping list
- ¼ tsp vanilla shopping list
- 1 tsp lemon juice shopping list
- ½ tsp lemon zest shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 375 F, grease a 23cm loose bottom pan and set aside.
- Mix the crackers crumbs and the butter and press in the bottom and sides
- Of the pan. Cover and chill while you prepare the filling.
- Beat the egg yolks, caster sugar and cornflower in a large bowl until they
- Form a smooth paste, adding a little of the milk if necessary. Heat the milk till
- Almost boiling, then slowly pour it on the egg mixture, whisking well.
- Return the mix. to the saucepan and cook gently, whisking constantly till
- Thickened. Remove from heat, whisk in melted chocolate, and then pour it over
- For the meringue:
- Whisk the egg whites in a large bowl till frothy, add the lemon juice and zest.
- Keep whisking till soft peaks forms, and then gradually add the sugar till stiff peaks
- Forms. Add the vanilla and beat again till glossy.
- Spread the meringue over the filling and swirl with a teaspoon for a
- Decorative shape.
- Bake for 30 minutes till meringue topping is browned.
- Serve hot or warm. You can keep any leftovers in the fridge up to two
The Cookahmed1 Cairo, EG
The Rating6 people
This is always good here in the south.....Was raised on this..zena824 in Somewhere, USA loved it
I LOVE chocolate pie, this one is a winner!shirleyoma in Cove loved it
Why am I not surprise my search for a recipe landed me to you dear friend! This looks fabulous. How is everyone. Email me when you can!
Hugs and love to all, Terirecipediva in Pittsburgh loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!