Carrot cakeFrom ahmed1 8 years ago
- 110 grams pecans, toasted and coarsely chopped shopping list
- 300grams raw carrots finely grated shopping list
- 60 grams apples finely grated shopping list
- 2 cups all-purpose flour shopping list
- 1 teaspoon baking soda shopping list
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1 ground nutmeg shopping list
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon shopping list
- 4 large eggs shopping list
- 300 grams granulated white sugar shopping list
- 1 cup vegetable oil shopping list
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract shopping list
- Cream Cheese Frosting: shopping list
- 57 grams unsalted butter, room temperature shopping list
- 8 ounces 227 grams cream cheese, room temperature shopping list
- 230 grams confectioners’ sugar, sifted shopping list
- 1 teaspoon (4 grams) pure vanilla extract shopping list
- Finely grated lemon zest of one lemon shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and place rack in center of oven. Butter or spray two - 9 x 2 inch 23cm cake pans and line the bottoms of the pans with a circle of parchment paper.
- Peel and finely grate the carrots. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl whisk together the flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, nutmeg and ground cinnamon. Set aside.
- In bowl of electric mixer, with the paddle attachment, beat the eggs until frothy . Gradually add the sugar and beat until the batter is thick and light colored . Add the oil in a steady stream and then beat in the vanilla extract. Add the flour mixture and beat just until incorporated.
- Fold in the grated carrots, apples and chopped nuts. Evenly divide the batter between the two prepared pans and bake 25 to 30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and let cool on a wire rack. After about 5 -10 minutes invert the cakes onto the wire rack, remove the pans and parchment paper, and then cool completely before frosting.
- Beat cheese and butter together till light and fluffy. Gradually add confection’s sugar till all combined then add the lemon zest and vanilla and beat again.
- To assemble: Split each cake in half. Place one half onto your serving plate. Spread with about a third of the frosting. Gently place the other half, top of cake facing up, onto the frosting, and spread the rest of the frosting over the top of the cake. If desired, garnish with toasted nuts or toasted coconut. You can leave the 2 cakes without splitting and use each as a layer.
People Who Like This Dish 28
The Cookahmed1 Cairo, EG
The Rating9 people
Way to go Ahmed! Looks absolutely wonderful. I can't wait to try it!cakelady in Murray loved it
Thanks for sending me this. I noticed it earlier and was in a hurry so did not stop. I'm printing it out now. = )sunny in Portland loved it
I tried this one out and really liked it. The apples are a nice touch. What kind of apples did you use? I used green grannysmith.cakelady in Murray loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!