Caramel Sour Cream CakeFrom chef2 7 years ago
- caramel sour cream cake shopping list
- Pre heat oven to 350 degrees. shopping list
- 3 sticks of butter shopping list
- 1 (8oz.) pkg sour cream 2&1/2 cups sugar shopping list
- 6 large eggs shopping list
- 3 cups all purpose flour shopping list
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract shopping list
How to make it
- Blend together first three ingredients with an electric mixer at
- medium speed. Add eggs one at a time. Add flour and whipping
- cream alternately. Add vanilla extract.
- Pour into three 10 in. prepared cake pans. Bake until golden
- brown and toothpick comes out clean.
- After cakes have cooled. Slice the center layer in half.
- Filling for center layer
- 1 box confectioner's sugar
- 1-8 oz. package creamed cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Blend together confectioner's sugar and creamed cheese until
- smooth. Add vanilla extract.
- Easy Caramel Frosting
- 2 sticks of butter
- 2 cups firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup whipping cream
- 5 cups sifted confectioner's sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Melt butter in a heavy saucepan. Add brown sugar; cook over
- over low heat. Stirring constantly. About 1&1/2-2 mins. or until
- sugar dissolves. ( Do not boil.) Remove from heat.
- Stir in whipping cream. Add powdered sugar and vanilla.
- Beat at high speed with an electric mixer until frosting is
- spreading consistency.
- Spread caramel frosting on top of first layer. Add one of the
- layers split in half. Spread the cream cheese filling on top of
- this layer. Then add the other half of that layer, and spread
- caramel frosting on top of it. Add the last layer and top with
- caramel frosting and spread caramel frosting to the sides.
- Guaranteed to please. Vernalisa's Recipe Board-http://p208.ezboard.com/bvernalalisasrecipeboard
People Who Like This Dish 18
The Cookchef2 Las Vegas, NV
The Rating3 people
Can I just tell you I love love love caramel! It's more dear to my heart than chocolate - gasp! I can't wait to try this one. Thanks so much for posting!goddess_mom_2_3 in Townsend loved it
OH WOW!!!sparow64 in Sweetwater loved it
Wow that looks wonderful, I've got to make this one soon. I love pretty cakes like this, most of my cake recipes turn out looking special like this one. Thanks for the great post, I'm going to add this one to my favorite collection of cakes, I'll l...morehenrie in Savannah loved it