Fried BreadFrom chefmeow 8 years ago
How to make it
- Combine dry ingredients then cut in butter.
- Add enough warm milk to make a soft dough easy to handle.
- Knead on floured board until dough is very smooth and soft but elastic.
- Divide dough into 8 balls and brush tops with melted butter.
- Cover and let stand 45 minutes.
- Pat out each ball into a round 5 or 6 inches in diameter and 1/4 inch thick.
- Fry in deep fat preheated to 365 degrees.
- Dough should rise immediately to surface.
- Cook until brown on one side then turn and brown on other side being careful not to pierce crust.
- Drain on absorbent paper and serve hot.
The Cookchefmeow Garland, TX
The Rating7 people
This looks very similar to Indian Fry Bread found all over Arizona and the southwest. I absolutely love fry bread so I look forward to trying this.sunny in Portland loved it
LOve it!sparow64 in Sweetwater loved it
I can honestly say I do not particularly make any recipes where I don't know the website or where there isn't a picture. I was craving fried bread and made this today (for me and my boyfriend), and I absolutely loved it. This recipe is way better tha...morerockstarzy in Roseburg loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!