New York CheesecakeFrom mystic_river1 9 years ago
- 5 (8-ounce) packages cream cheese, softened shopping list
- 1 3/4 cups sugar shopping list
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour shopping list
- 1 orange, zested shopping list
- 1 lemon, zested shopping list
- 5 large eggs shopping list
- 2 large egg yolks shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla shopping list
- Graham-Cracker Crust: shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups (5 ounces) finely ground graham crackers shopping list
- 5 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted shopping list
- 1/3 cup sugar shopping list
- 3/4 teaspoon salt shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 550 degrees F.
- Beat together cream cheese, sugar, flour, and zests with an electric mixer until smooth.
- Add eggs and yolks, one at a time, then vanilla, beating on low speed until each ingredient is incorporated and scraping down bowl between additions.
- Put springform pan with crust in a shallow baking pan.
- Pour filling into crust (springform pan will be completely full) and bake in a baking pan (to catch drips) in middle of oven 12 minutes, or until puffed.
- Reduce temperature to 200 degrees F and continue baking until cake is mostly firm (center will stay slightly wobbly when pan in gently shaken), about 1 hour 45 minutes more.
- Run a knife around top edge of cake to loosen and cool completely in springform pan on a rack.
- Chill cake, loosely covered, at least 6 hours. Remove side of pan and transfer cake to a plate.
- Bring to room temperature before serving.
- Cheesecake keeps, covered and chilled, 2 weeks.
- DIRECTIONS FOR GRAHAM CRACKER CRUST
- Stir together crust ingredients and press into bottom and 1-inch up side of a buttered 24-centimeter springform pan.
- Fill right away.