Chinese Style ZucchiniFrom lor 8 years ago
- 1 Tbsp. cornstarch shopping list
- 1 Tbsp. sugar shopping list
- 1 Tbsp. soy sauce shopping list
- 1/2 cup water shopping list
- 2 small zucchini shopping list
- 2 Tbsp. peanut oil shopping list
- Note: I sometimes add a few dashes of sesame seed oil and a dash of Tabasco sauce shopping list
- 1 onion cut into strips shopping list
- 2 celery ribs, washed, peeled and thinly sliced on an angle shopping list
- 1-2 cloves garlic, minced shopping list
- 2 Tbsp. slivered almonds, lightly toasted for garnish shopping list
How to make it
- In a small mixing bowl stir together cornstarch, sugar and soy sauce. Gradually stir in water, keeping the mixture smooth.
- Set aside.
- Scrub zucchini in cold water.
- Cut off ends and discard them.
- Do not peel.
- Cut zucchini lengthwise in 1/4 inch wide strips.
- Now cut crosswise into about 1-1/2 inch lengths.
- In a 10 inch skillet or wok, heat the oil.
- Add zucchini, onion, celery and garlic.
- Cook over medium high heat for 4-5 minutes, stirring to prevent overcooking.
- Add cornstarch mixture and stir gently until thickened and clear.
- Note: The addition of Tofu or meat adds protein and texture to this dish.
- Garnish with lightly toasted slivered almonds.
The Cooklor Toronto, Canada
The Rating10 people
Mmmm, this looks good. I love recipes like this and I love the Asian flat rice noodles too. Thanks for this great 5 recipe!peepers in loved it
Excellent recipe and I'm high fiving and if I could, I'd give it a 10.chacha in New York loved it
I am just beginning to appreciate Chinese cuisine and this recipe looks perfect for me. Because I am usually in a rush, this recipe is one that will come in handy. Thanks so much.mishi in loved it