Chicken Artichoke CasseroleFrom michellem 7 years ago
- 4 whole chicken breast shopping list
- 1 10-ounce package frozen artichoke hearts(can use the kind in a jar too) shopping list
- 1/3 cup butter shopping list
- 1/3 cup flour shopping list
- 2 1/2 cup chicken broth shopping list
- 1/4 cup dry white wine or vermouth shopping list
- 4 cups cheddar cheese shopping list
- 2 tbs chopped green onions shopping list
- 1/4 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese shopping list
- 1 cup dry bread crumbs shopping list
- 1 tsp dried thyme shopping list
- 2 tbs parmesan cheese shopping list
How to make it
- Place chicken breasts in large pot, cover with water, bring to boil, simmer for 30 minutes
- Remove chicken.
- Cool, bone, skin, and cut into large chunks
- Cook artichoke according to directions, drain well and pat dry
- Layer chicken chunks and artichoke hearts in the bottom of 9 x 13 baking dish.
- In a medium saucepan, melt butter.
- Blend in flour, then gradually add chicken broth.
- Stirring constantly, heat to boiling and cook until thickened.
- Remove from heat.
- Add wine, cheddar cheese, green onions, and 1/4 cup Parmesan.
- Blend until smooth
- In a small bowl , combine bread crumbs thyme and 2 tbs Parmesan . Sprinkle over sauce. Bake uncovered at 350* for 20 to 25 minutes or until bubbly