Roasted Yellow Pepper SoupFrom notyourmomma 6 years ago
- 6 yellow bell peppers shopping list
- 1/2 stick of butter shopping list
- 1 cup of chopped yellow onions shopping list
- 1 cup of cleaned chopped leeks, white part only shopping list
- 3/4 teaspoon of salt shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon of ground pepper shopping list
- 1 head of cauliflower, steamed and run through the ricer or food mill shopping list
- 6 cups of vegetable stock (can use chicken, just tell your guests) shopping list
- optional garnishes: croutons, chive oil, grated parmesan cheese or all three! shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat the broiler.
- On lightly oiled broiler pan, place the pepper and roast until blistered, watching carefully and turning often.
- When thoroughly blistered, place in a brown paper bag and roll down the top. Leave 15 minutes (alternately you can use a zipper type closing plastic bag)
- When cool enough to handle, slip off the skins of the peppers, stem and remove the seeds. Chop coarsely.
- Steam the cauliflower until very tender, run through a food mill.
- In heavy saucepot, heat butter, add onions, leeks, salt and pepper, saute until the onions are soft and clear.
- Add chopped roasted peppers, along with cauliflower "mash" and vegetarian stock.
- Bring to just below a boil and simmer for 30 minutes.
- Transfer in batches to blender and process until smooth.
- Return to pot and heat through.
- Garnish as desired with a crouton, a swirl of chive oil and some shaved Parmesan cheese.
The Cooknotyourmomma South St. Petersburg, FL
The Rating2 people
I just finished roasting red peppers this afternoon to put in the freezer so decided to try this soup and made it for supper. It was great-- my daughter probably would have said add some hot sauce to it, but we enjoyed it w/o.... I like my soups nic...moregemmee in York loved it
Hmmm... I noticed that sparow64 had mentioned about saving the recipe.... I've tried several recipes and can't figure out where to go to retrieve them??? what am I missing here???gemmee in York loved it