Gnocchi VerdiFrom trackwidow 8 years ago
- 4 Tablespoons butter shopping list
- 2-10 ounce packages frozen chopped spinach, defrosted shopping list
- 3/4 cup ricotta cheese shopping list
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten shopping list
- 3/4 cup flour shopping list
- 3/4 cup grated parmesan cheese shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper shopping list
- pinch of nutmeg shopping list
- 4 Tablespoons melted butter shopping list
How to make it
- Drain spinach well and squeeze dry.
- Melt butter in large skillet. Add spinach. Cook 2-3 minutes or until most of the moisture has cooked away. Add the ricotta and cook 3-4 minutes more. Pour into large bowl and add eggs, flour, 1/4 cup of the Parmesan cheese, salt, pepper and nutmeg. Mix well and chill for an hour or until the mixture is firm.
- Bring 6-8 quarts of water to boil with about a Tablespoon of salt added.
- Shape spinach mixture into balls about 1 1/2 inches in diameter with lightly floured hands.
- Gently add to the boiling water and cook for 5-8 minutes or unit they are slightly puffed and somewhat firm. Remove with slotted spoon and drain on paper towels.
- Pour about 2 Tablespoons of the melted butter into a shallow dish. Arrange the gnocchi in a single layer. Drizzle with remaining melted butter and sprinkle with the remaining Parmesan cheese.
- Broil til the cheese melts, 3-5 minutes.
The Cooktrackwidow Fort Atkinson, WI
The Rating3 people
- Not added to any groups yet!