Old fashioned tomato salad dressingFrom notyourmomma 7 years ago
- 2 shallots, peeled and diced fine shopping list
- 3/4 cup of tomato juice (I use low-salt V-8) shopping list
- 1/2 cup of extra virgin olive oil shopping list
- 1/4 cup good quailty red wine vinegar shopping list
- two or three dashes of tobasco sauce shopping list
- 1 tsp of dried dill shopping list
- 1/2 tsp of lemon pepper shopping list
- salt (I use sea salt and I taste after whisking on a lettuce leaf ala Sara Moulton to see if there is enough) shopping list
- 2 hard cooked eggs chopped quite fine shopping list
How to make it
- Whisk the juice, vinegar with salt.
- Add shallots, dill, and lemon pepper.
- Whisk in oil. Season with as much hot sauce as you want.
- Just before you toss the salad, add the egg to the dressing and shake it like crazy.
- I love it on a big green salad with crumbled bacon.