Crockpot Shrimp Creole Ala Paula DeanFrom loring 9 years ago
- 2 Tbsp olive oil shopping list
- 1/2 cup each (diced large) bell pepper, celery, onion (trinity y'all) shopping list
- 1 tsp chili powder shopping list
- 1 can (14 oz) tomatoes shopping list
- 1 can (8 oz) tomatoe sauce shopping list
- 1 Tbsp hot sauce (to taste) shopping list
- 1 Tbsp worcestershire sauce shopping list
- 1 tsp sugar shopping list
- salt & pepper shopping list
- 1 1/2 lbs. large shrimp, peeled and deveined shopping list
- sliced green onions shopping list
- sticky rice shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat crock pot to high.
- Saute' trinity veges until soft. Add chili powder and cook until carmelized. Makes a great color. Add to crock pot.
- Add tomatoes and tomato sauce, hot sauce, salt, pepper, worcestershire and sugar. Stir, then cover.
- Cook 3 hours on high setting.
- Last 3-5 minutes, add shrimp, cover and cook until pink and firm.
- Serve over rice, sprinkled with green onions.