Pickled JalapenosFrom mystic_river1 7 years ago
- 3 cups rice wine vinegar shopping list
- 3 tablespoons sugar shopping list
- 1 teaspoon white peppercorns shopping list
- 1 teaspoon coriander seeds shopping list
- 1 teaspoon mustard seeds shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin seeds shopping list
- 2 tablespoons kosher salt shopping list
- 3 jalapenos, sliced in half lengthwise shopping list
- 3 tablespoons fresh cilantro shopping list
- Special Equipment: shopping list
- 1 (8-ounce) jar shopping list
How to make it
- Combine the vinegar, sugar, peppercorns, seeds, and salt in a medium saucepan and bring to a boil. Let boil for 2 minutes, and then
- remove from the heat and let sit until cooled to room temperature.
- Place the jalapenos, stem side up, into the jar and pour enough cooled vinegar mixture over them to cover. Pack the cilantro into the jar. Cover and refrigerate for at least 24 hours and up to 4 days.