Spinach And Cheese Roll-UpsFrom lor 6 years ago
- 1 teaspoon olive oil shopping list
- 1/3 to 1/2 cup chopped onion shopping list
- 1-2 cloves garlic, minced shopping list
- 1 14-1/2-oz. can tomatoes, cut up shopping list
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste shopping list
- 1-1/2 teaspoon snipped fresh basil or 1/2 teaspoon dried basil, crushed shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon sugar shopping list
- Dash salt shopping list
- Dash black pepper shopping list
- 8 dried lasagna noodles shopping list
- 1 10-oz. package frozen chopped spinach, thawed shopping list
- 3/4 cup fat-free or reduced-fat ricotta cheese shopping list
- 2 ounces shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese (1/2 cup) shopping list
- 2 tablespoons finely shredded parmesan cheese shopping list
- 2 teaspoon snipped fresh basil or 1/2 teaspoon dried basil or italian seasoning, crushed shopping list
- 1 slightly beaten egg white shopping list
How to make it
- For sauce:
- Heat oil in a medium saucepan. Cook onion and garlic in hot oil until onion is tender, stirring occasionally. Carefully stir in undrained tomatoes, tomato paste, basil, sugar, salt, and pepper. Bring to boiling; reduce heat. Simmer, uncovered, about 5 minutes or until sauce is desired consistency, stirring occasionally.
- Meanwhile, cook pasta according to package directions; drain. Rinse with cold water; drain well.
- For filling:
- Drain thawed spinach well, pressing out excess liquid. In a medium bowl stir together ricotta cheese, mozzarella cheese, Parmesan cheese, and basil. Add spinach and egg white, stirring to combine.
- Preheat oven to 350 degree F. To assemble, evenly spread about 1/4 cup filling on each noodle. Roll up from one end. Place two rolls, seam side down, into each of four individual casseroles. Top each serving with sauce. Bake casseroles, covered, for 25 minutes or until heated through.
- Makes 4 servings.
The Cooklor Toronto, Canada
The Rating4 people
Ooo..Lor...ya beat me to it!! I've made these tons of times (faster & easier than regular lasagna by far...) and they are delicious! thank you for posting this one :)kukla in Barrie, Ontario loved it
Wonderful, wonderful recipe and I know it will be enjoyed by my family and I. Thanks.chacha in New York loved it