Fondant Chocolate CakeFrom ahmed1 7 years ago
- cake ingredients: shopping list
- 60 grams plain chocolate, chopped shopping list
- 15 grams unsweetened cocoa powder (not Dutch-processed) shopping list
- ½ cup boiling water shopping list
- 160 grams all purpose flour shopping list
- 1 teaspoon baking powder shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda shopping list
- Pinch of salt shopping list
- 115 grams unsalted butter, room temperature shopping list
- 1 cup granulated white sugar shopping list
- 2 eggs shopping list
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract shopping list
- ½ cup milk shopping list
- Fondant ingredients: shopping list
- 600 grams good quality plain or dark chocolate such as Lindt, chopped shopping list
- ¾ LITRE (not cup) whipping cream divided in ¼ +1/2 shopping list
- Decoration: shopping list
- almonds blanched shopping list
- cocoa powder shopping list
- icing sugar shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Butter, and line with parchment paper, a 23 x 5 cm loose bottomed baking pan. Set aside.
- In a stainless steel or heatproof bowl place the chopped chocolate and cocoa powder. Pour the boiling water over the chocolate and cocoa powder and stir until they have melted. Set aside to cool while you make the batter.
- In a separate bowl, whisk to combine, the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
- In the bowl of your electric mixer, cream the butter. Gradually add the sugar and continue beating until the mixture is fluffy (this will take about 3-5 minutes). Add the eggs, one at a time, mixing well after each addition. Add the vanilla extract and melted chocolate mixture and beat to combine.
- Add the milk and flour mixtures in three additions, beginning and ending with the flour mixture. Beat only until the ingredients are incorporated.
- pour the batter in the prepared pan and smooth the top. Bake for about 35 - 40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Remove from oven and place on a wire rack to cool for about 10 minutes.
- When completely cooled, split the cake in half horizontally; place one half in the same baking pan after you have washed it and save the other half for another use. Decorate the inside edges of the cake ring with some almonds.
- Chocolate fondant:
- Bring ¼ litre to simmering point in a saucepan over medium heat, pour over the chopped chocolate and let stand for 2-3 minutes. Stir till chocolate melts and mixture is smooth. Set aside for 20 minutes till cooled slightly. Whisk the chocolate mixture till slightly thickened.
- Whip the remaining ½ litre cream till stiff, fold in the chocolate mixture carefully till all is combined and no white streaks exist. Pour the mixture over the cake in the pan and level the top. Chill for 4 hours. Use your imagination for decoration with cocoa powder,
- almonds, chocolate chips or chocolate curls.
The Cookahmed1 Cairo, EG
The Rating10 people
I love how you always present the most simple ideas in an alluring way!:)With the almond on top, they look quite pretty.Happy Anniversary...
ambus in Lahore loved it
I'm sure it tastes like heaven...!
i'l surely try this soon.thanks so much for he post!
bookmarked!!iffyo in loved it
n hey i forgot to include..Belated Happy Anniversary to both, you and Sima!iffyo in loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!