Dutch Apple PieFrom zena824 5 years ago
- 1 graham cracker pie crust shopping list
- 1 egg white beaten shopping list
- 5 1/2 cups fresh, sliced cooking apples shopping list
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice shopping list
- 1/2 cup sugar shopping list
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar shopping list
- 3 tablespoons all purpose flour shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon each nutmeg and salt shopping list
- *Topping shopping list
How to make it
- Heat oven to 375 degrees
- Brush bottom and sides of pie crust with egg white; bake on baking sheet until light brown, about 5 minutes; remove crust from oven.
- In bowl, combine apples, lemon juice, sugars, flour, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt; mix well.
- Spoon into crust.
- Sprinkle topping evenly over apples.
- Bake on baking sheet 50 minutes or until topping is golden brown and filling is bubbling.
- In bowl, combine 3/4 cup all purpose flour, 1/4 cup each sugar and packed brown sugar; cut in 1/3 cup butter until crumbly.