MAOS FAMOUS NUT ROLLSFrom mao65 9 years ago
- 1 cup sour cream shopping list
- 6 cups flour shopping list
- 1/2 tsp salt shopping list
- 1/2 pound butter shopping list
- 3 eggs shopping list
- 2 packages dry yeast shopping list
- 1/2 Cup warm milk shopping list
- 3 tablespoons sugar shopping list
- 3 egg whites shopping list
- 1 tsp vanilla shopping list
- 2 tablespoons melted butter shopping list
- 2 cups sugar shopping list
- 2 pounds coarsely ground walnuts shopping list
- 3 egg yolks shopping list
- 3 tablespoons cold water shopping list
How to make it
- Dissolve yeast in warm milk to which 1 T sugar has been added. Set aside to rise.
- Beat 3 eggs,add 2 T sugar and sour cream. Mix well and set aside.
- Cut butter into flour and salt as for pie dough.
- Stir in sour cream mixture and then add yeast and mix well
- Turn onto floured board and knead until smooth,adding more flour if necessary. Divide dough into 4 equal parts. Roll out each part on floured board(approximately 12"x15").
- Spread nut filling gently over dough,being careful not to tear dough. Roll up, folding sides in as you roll.Leave 2 inch edge without nuts at end of roll so filling does not leak out and burn.
- Place rolls seam-side down on a greased cookie sheet and cover with linen cloth or dishtowel and set aside in warm place to rise until double,approximately 45 minutes.
- NUT FILLING; Separate 3 eggs. Whisk yolks with 3 T cold water for egg wash and set aside in fridge. Beat egg whites until stiff. Fold in 2 cups sugar,1tsp vanilla,2T melted butter, and ground nuts (add slightly more melted butter if mixture is too stiff to spread).
- After rolls are double in size,brush with egg wash and bake in preheated 350 degree oven for 35 to 40minutes until golden brown. Immediately wrap rolls individually in foil to retain moisture.
The Cookmao65 Griffith, IN
The Rating2 people
I love your recipe. I love this type of pastry and can't wait to make these for myself. Thank you so much for adding this recipe in this forum for all of us to share!annieamie in Los Angeles loved it