Red Velvet Cake with Cream Cheese FrostingFrom debbie919 9 years ago
- Cake: shopping list
- 2 1/2 c. flour shopping list
- 1/2 c. cocoa powder shopping list
- 1 tsp baking soda shopping list
- 1/2 tsp salt shopping list
- 1 cup butter, softened shopping list
- 2 c. sugar shopping list
- 4 eggs shopping list
- 1 c sour cream shopping list
- 1/2 c milk shopping list
- 1 bottle (1 oz.) red food color shopping list
- 2 tsp. pure vanilla shopping list
- Frosting: shopping list
- 1 8 oz. pkg. cream cheese shopping list
- 1/2 stick butter shopping list
- 2 Tbsp. sour cream shopping list
- 2 tsp. Pure vanilla shopping list
- 1 lb. confectioner's sugar shopping list
How to make it
- Sift flour, cocoa, baking soda, and salt. Set Aside.
- Beat butter and sugar in large bowl on high speed for 5 - 7 min, until light and fluffy.
- Beat in eggs, 1 at a time.
- Mix in sour cream, milk, food color, and vanilla.
- Gradually beat in flour mixture on low speed just until blended.
- Do not overbeat.
- Pour batter into 2 greased and floured 9 in. round cake pans.
- Bake in preheated 350 degree oven 35 to 40 min. or until tests done with toothpick.
- Cool 10 min., remove from pans, and cool completely on wire racks.
- Fill and frost .
- Beat cream cheese, butter, and sour cream until smooth.
- Mix in vanilla extract.
- Gradually beat in the confectioner's sugar on medium speed til light and fluffy.
People Who Like This Dish 18
The Cookdebbie919 Manahawkin, NJ
The Rating6 people
I agree it does sound like it would be moist with the added sour cream, like that idea plus more chocolate and less food coloring also, great post. Thankshenrie in Savannah loved it
cool for summer too cause im not gonna wait. Ha Ha great recipemomo_55grandma in Mountianview loved it
I've been looking for a red velvet cake recipe!
This one sound marvelous!tippystclair in North Hollywood loved it