Smoked Salmon Eggs Benedict with CapersFrom darbar 9 years ago
- Ingredients: shopping list
- water to fill a medium non-stick saucepan half full shopping list
- 2 tsp. sea salt shopping list
- 2 tbsp. white vinegar shopping list
- 2 English muffins shopping list
- 2 fresh, organic eggs shopping list
- 1 pkg. smoked salmon, sliced thin - room temperature shopping list
- 2 tbsp. capers - room temperature shopping list
- 1 tsp. paprika shopping list
- 1 warmed breakfast plate shopping list
- 1 Recipe of Chef John's Perfect Hollandaise Sauce shopping list
How to make it
- Make Chef John's Perfect Hollandaise Sauce. Reserve and keep warm.
- Bring water to boil in a medium saucepan.
- Drop the two English muffins into the toaster. When they pop up put them on the warm plate and arrange a quantity of the smoked salmon on top of them.
- When water comes to a boil, stir in the salt and vinegar. Reduce heat to a low simmer.
- Crack the eggs into a small shallow bowl and gently lower into the simmering water, one at a time (fresh eggs hold together better). Allow the first egg to set for 5-10 seconds before adding the second so they don’t stick together. Gently nudge them both near the bottom with a spatula to make sure that they are not sticking to the bottom of the pan.
- Cook eggs for approximately two minutes or until they float to the top. Use your best judgment as to when they are done. Using a slotted spoon, remove eggs one at a time, roll the spoon over a paper towel to remove excess water, and set eggs smooth side up on top of the smoked salmon/muffins. Spoon a generous dollop of Hollandaise over each egg and garnish with capers and a sprinkle of paprika.
- For making larger batches of eggs, remove eggs to a pan of cold water as they get done to stop them from cooking further, then warm for 1 minute in simmering water to re-heat to serving temperature.
- A big thank you to Foodwishes website (http://foodwishes.blogspot.com) for the best (and easy) homemade Hollandaise sauce!
People Who Like This Dish 19
The Cookdarbar Brevard, NC
The Rating5 people
I love egg benedict this is a nice touch with the smoked salmon. Thanxtinadc in Cape Town loved it
I love smoke salmon, sounds delicious and I love the recipe. I wanna try some soon.! Another 5.tanwiratchada in Bangkok loved it