Duchess Of York Tea SandwichesFrom oldgringo 7 years ago
- 1 hard-boiled egg; peeled shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon curry powder shopping list
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise shopping list
- 1/8 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1/8 teaspoon fine ground white pepper shopping list
- 2 slices soft whole wheat sandwich bread; crusts off shopping list
- 2 large asparagus spears; trimmed peeled and steamed shopping list
How to make it
- Mash egg with fork and add curry powder, mayonnaise and salt and pepper to taste. Mix thoroughly.
- Use extra-thin sliced soft bread. Trim the crusts from the bread.
- Divide spread equally between two slices of bread and spread it over surface, leaving one edge clean.
- Arrange cooked asparagus spears at edge of each slice, opposite the clean edge and roll up to enclose filling.*
- Wrap rolls in plastic or wax paper and chill for at least an hour.
- Using a very sharp knife, cut each roll into 4 bite-sized sandwiches.
- Serve cut-end up.
- *Note: You'll need to use fresh, soft bread to make the rolls and not have splits in the bread.