Pumpkin Cake With Cream Cheese FrostingFrom arimou0 8 years ago
- 2 cups sugar shopping list
- 1 cup vegetable oil shopping list
- 4 eggs shopping list
- 2 cups all-purpose flour shopping list
- 1 teaspoons baking soda shopping list
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger shopping list
- 1 teaspoon baking powder shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 2 cups pumpkin puree or cooked mashed pumpkin shopping list
How to make it
- In a large bowl mix sugar, vegetable oil, and eggs very well.
- Sift baking soda, flour, cinnamon, ground ginger, baking powder and salt into a separate bowl.
- Add dry ingredients into oil mixture, beating well.
- Stir in pumpkin puree.
- Pour batter into two greased and floured 9-inch round layer cake pans.
- Bake at 350° for 35 to 40 minutes.
- When baked, turn cakes out onto racks to cool.
- Frost pumpkin cake with cream cheese frosting and sprinkle with chopped pecans.
- Frosting ingredients and preparation:
- 1/4 cup butter
- 8 ounces cream cheese at room temperature
- 1 pound sifted confectioners’ sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- Combine all ingredients in large mixing bowl; beat well until smooth. Makes enough for 2-layer pumpkin cake.
People Who Like This Dish 16
The Cookarimou0 Columbus, OH
The Rating6 people
Wow this sounds to die for, bookmarking it to make. Great post, thanks.henrie in Savannah loved it
I will be trying this recipe soon..great post!michellem in Idaho loved it
this looks wonderful. YUMsunny in Portland loved it