Broiled Orange Roughy MexicanaFrom sunny 8 years ago
- 1 1/2 pounds orange roughy fillets shopping list
- 1/3 cup tequila shopping list
- 1/3 cup triple sec shopping list
- 3/4 cup fresh lime juice shopping list
- 1 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 3 cloves cloves garlic, finely minced shopping list
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil, divided shopping list
- . shopping list
- Salsa: shopping list
- 3 medium tomatoes, peeled, cored, and chopped shopping list
- 1 small clove garlic, minced shopping list
- 3 green onions, thinly sliced shopping list
- 2 tablespoons diced purple onion shopping list
- 1 to 2 small jalapeno or serrano chile peppers, seeded and finely chopped shopping list
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon salt shopping list
- dash sugar shopping list
- 2 tablespoons lime juice shopping list
How to make it
- Place fish in a glass dish large enough to hold fillets in a single layer. Combine tequila, triple sec, lime juice, salt, garlic and 2 teaspoons oil; pour over fish, rubbing all over. Cover and marinate for 1 hour at room temperature or for 3 hours in the refrigerator, turning occasionally.
- Shortly before serving time, combine salsa ingredients in a serving dish.
- Generously oil a broiling pan. Remove fish from the marinade, reserving marinade. Place on broiling pan and cook for about 4 minutes per side or until fish is opaque. Meanwhile boil marinade in saucepan for about 2 minutes; strain. Spoon a little of marinade over fish fillets. Serve with fresh salsa.
The Cooksunny Portland, OR
The Rating4 people
Great post, love cooking w/tequila.efitobx in Norfolk loved it
Tequila! This sounds like a great marinade for any fish.I will try it with the Telapia that I have.trigger in loved it
Ooooie! That looks great!jo_jo_ba in Oshawa loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!