Cold Cucumber SoupFrom jemison 7 years ago
- 3 T butter or margarine shopping list
- 2 med onions, chopped shopping list
- 2 - 13 oz cans chicken broth, undiluted shopping list
- 2 med potatoes, peeled and cubed shopping list
- 1 1/2 T chopped fresh parsley shopping list
- 2 t dry mustard shopping list
- 1/2 t salt shopping list
- 1/4 t pepper shopping list
- 3 large cucumbers, unpeeled and sliced shopping list
- 1 c half-and-half shopping list
- cucumber slices shopping list
How to make it
- Melt butter in a large sauce-pan.
- Add onion; saute 10 minutes or until tender.
- Add Broth, potatoes, parsley, mustard, salt, and pepper.
- Cook over low heat 30 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
- Combine potato mixture and cucumber in container of an electric blender; process 3 to 4 minutes or until pureed.
- Chill at least 4 hours.
- Stir in half-and-half before serving.
- Garnish with cucumber slices.