coconut custard pieFrom ahmed1 9 years ago
- Crust: shopping list
- 1 cup all-purpose flour shopping list
- 1/3 cup (35 grams) confectioners (powdered or icing) sugar shopping list
- 113 grams cold unsalted butter, cut into small pieces shopping list
- Filling: shopping list
- 1 cup sugar shopping list
- 2 tbsp flour shopping list
- 2 eggs shopping list
- 65 grams butter, melted shopping list
- 1 cup milk at room temperature shopping list
- 1 tsp. vanilla shopping list
- 200 grams flaked coconut shopping list
How to make it
- In the bowl of your food processor place the flour and sugar. Pulse to blend together. Add butter and pulse until dough just begins to come together. Pat the dough onto the bottom and one inch (2.5 cm) up the sides of the pan. Cover with plastic wrap and place in refrigerator while you make the filling.
- In a large bowl, beat together butter, sugar, and eggs with an electric mixer on low speed. Blend in flour. Mix in 1/2 cup of milk at a time. Add coconut and vanilla, and mix well.
- Pour filling into unbaked pie shell. Sprinkle top with additional coconut before baking, just enough to lightly cover the top. Bake for 40 to 50 minutes, or until set
The Cookahmed1 Cairo, EG
The Rating8 people
This is going to be so good! Thanks.michelle73 in Melville loved it
This sounds superb!,but here in india we use freshly dessicated coonut( done at home),which makes it taste evn better!thnx 4 d post!iffyo in loved it
I made this tonight and it was so good. I love the shortbread crust. Thanks Ahmed.michelle73 in Melville loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!