Coconut FrostingFrom annieamie 8 years ago
How to make it
- Put the yolks in the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with a whisk attachment.
- In a small saucepan, combine the sugar and coconut milk.
- Stir to combine and then bring to a boil.
- As the mixture heats, begin whipping the eggs on high speed.
- Boil the coconut milk and sugar until the mixture reaches the soft-ball stage (238 degrees F on a candy thermometer).
- Remove the mixture from the heat.
- Stop the mixer and pour a small amount of the syrup into the egg yolks.
- Quickly beat on high again.
- Repeat twice more until all the syrup is incorporated. (You can also add the sugar syrup in a steady stream with the mixer on, but be careful not to let it hit the beater or the syrup will be flung to the sides of the bowl where it will harden.)
- Continue beating until the mixture is cool.
- Add the coconut extract.
- With the mixer on medium speed, begin beating in the butter 1 or 2 tablespoons at a time.
- When the butter is completely incorporated, scrape down the sides of the bowl and beat for another 1 minute.
- *All credit goes to Kay Cabrera, a freelance Pastry Chef for the recipe. (Its so good!)
People Who Like This Dish 11
The Cookannieamie Los Angeles, US
The Rating1 people
wow love coconut anything thanksmomo_55grandma in Mountianview loved it
Cookin Moms348 members
Make Your Ingredients222 members
Comfort Foods773 members
Piece Of Cake376 members
Back To Basics346 members
Short Cut Cooking221 members
Chocoholics Anonymous154 members
Family Favorites141 members
The Holiday Dessert Table124 members
Tried And True Recipes39 members