Macaroni And Cheese With BaconFrom craftyazgirl 9 years ago
- 3 cups (8oz) uncooked rotini pasta shopping list
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine shopping list
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon dry mustard shopping list
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups milk shopping list
- 2 cups (8oz) shredded sharp chedder cheese shopping list
- 1/2 lb bacon, crisply cooked and crumbled shopping list
- 2 medium tomatoes, sliced shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350.F
- Lightly grease a 1 1/2-quart shallow casserole.
- Cook pasta according to package directions; drain and return to saucepan.
- Melt butter over medium-low heat in 2-quart saucepan. Wisk in flour, salt, mustard and pepper; cook and stir 1 minute. Wisk in milk. Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring frequently. Reduce heat and simmer 2 minutes. Remove from heat. Add cheese; stir until melted.
- Add cheese mixture and bacon to pasta; stir until well blended.
- Transfer to prepared casserole.
- Bake uncovered 20 minutes.
- Arrange tomato slices on casserole. Bake additional 5 to 8 minutes or until casserole is bubbly and tomatoes are hot.