One-Pot Chicken and SausageFrom frankieanne 7 years ago
- 1/2 lb italian sausage links, cut diagonally into thirds shopping list
- 4 skinless chicken breast halves on the bone (approx 2-1/2 lbs) shopping list
- 2 tsp olive oil shopping list
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped shopping list
- 1 tsp dried rosemary shopping list
- 1 lb small red potatoes, unpeeled, cut into quarters shopping list
- 3 Tbs water shopping list
- 1/2 tsp salt shopping list
- 1/4 tsp black pepper shopping list
- 1/4 cup dry white wine shopping list
- 3 Tbs balsamic vinegar shopping list
- 2 small sweet red peppers, cut into 1" squares shopping list
How to make it
- Brown sausage in nonstick skillet (8 minutes). Remove to plate.
- Add chicken, meat side down, to skillet; cook, turning once (5 minutes). Remove to plate.
- Heat oil in skillet. Add garlic and rosemary; saute one minute. Add potatoes and the 3 Tbs of water; cover; cook 15 minutes.
- Push potatoes to side of skillet. Return chicken and sausage to skillet. Stir in salt, pepper, wine, vinegar and red pepper. Cover; cook over medium-low heat for 35 minutes or until chicken registers 170F.
- Remove chicken and sausage to platter and cover to keep warm. Cover ckillet and cook potatoes 8 minutes or until tender. Pour skillet contents over chicken.
- COMMENT: I didn't have to cook the potatoes an additional 8 minutes - guess my potatoes were small!
People Who Like This Dish 23
The Cookfrankieanne Ukiah, CA
The Rating3 people
Do not need the 2tsp olive oil if you are cooking thighs with the skin on. Plenty of grease there to saute the rosemary and garlic. I like the sweet pepper, it gave good taste offset from the rest of the dish. I served it over a bed of rice.pointsevenout in Athens loved it
OMG! I was looking through your recipes, and realized I've printed this one out a week or so ago, and I'm making it tonight! Can't wait to try it!elle in loved it
Fantastic! And so easy, too. I used skinless boneless thighs, so those cooked pretty quickly. The flavors are so good together, and I especially love the addition of the red peppers. My potatoes didn't need extra cooking time, either, in fact, I ...moreelle in loved it