One-Pot Chicken and SausageFrom frankieanne 9 years ago
- 1/2 lb italian sausage links, cut diagonally into thirds shopping list
- 4 skinless chicken breast halves on the bone (approx 2-1/2 lbs) shopping list
- 2 tsp olive oil shopping list
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped shopping list
- 1 tsp dried rosemary shopping list
- 1 lb small red potatoes, unpeeled, cut into quarters shopping list
- 3 Tbs water shopping list
- 1/2 tsp salt shopping list
- 1/4 tsp black pepper shopping list
- 1/4 cup dry white wine shopping list
- 3 Tbs balsamic vinegar shopping list
- 2 small sweet red peppers, cut into 1" squares shopping list
How to make it
- Brown sausage in nonstick skillet (8 minutes). Remove to plate.
- Add chicken, meat side down, to skillet; cook, turning once (5 minutes). Remove to plate.
- Heat oil in skillet. Add garlic and rosemary; saute one minute. Add potatoes and the 3 Tbs of water; cover; cook 15 minutes.
- Push potatoes to side of skillet. Return chicken and sausage to skillet. Stir in salt, pepper, wine, vinegar and red pepper. Cover; cook over medium-low heat for 35 minutes or until chicken registers 170F.
- Remove chicken and sausage to platter and cover to keep warm. Cover ckillet and cook potatoes 8 minutes or until tender. Pour skillet contents over chicken.
- COMMENT: I didn't have to cook the potatoes an additional 8 minutes - guess my potatoes were small!
People Who Like This Dish 23
The Cookfrankieanne Ukiah, California
The Rating3 people
Sounds good! Simple and delicious. I substitute thighs for breasts quite often. I think they taste better and don't get dry as easily. I'm going to try it :-)darbar in Brevard loved it
OMG! I was looking through your recipes, and realized I've printed this one out a week or so ago, and I'm making it tonight! Can't wait to try it!elle in loved it
Fantastic! And so easy, too. I used skinless boneless thighs, so those cooked pretty quickly. The flavors are so good together, and I especially love the addition of the red peppers. My potatoes didn't need extra cooking time, either, in fact, I ...moreelle in loved it