Stuffed Green PeppersFrom tuilelaith 8 years ago
- 8 large green peppers shopping list
- 1 lb. ground beef shopping list
- 1 lb. ground pork shopping list
- 2 eggs shopping list
- 1 cup of cooked rice shopping list
- 2 cloves fresh garlic, mashed shopping list
- 1 large onion, chopped shopping list
- salt shopping list
- pepper shopping list
- italian seasoning shopping list
- - shopping list
- 2 lg cans tomato sauce -or- spaghetti sauce shopping list
How to make it
- Grease bottom of a deep pan or cake pan with oil.
- Cut tops off of green peppers and clean out the seeds so that you have 8 hollows.
- Set aside in the pan, bottom down.
- Mix meat, eggs, garlic, onion, and all seasonings in large bowl.
- Add rice and mix together.
- Stuff peppers with meat mixture, placing them back into pan bottom down when full.
- Place in pan and pour both cans of tomato sauce, or spaghetti sauce, over top of the meat and peppers.
- Cook at 350 F for an hour.
- Serve with beef rice, mashed potatoes, or beefy noodles.
- **TUILELAITH'S NOTE: About 10 minutes before I am ready to take these out of the oven I sprinkle with shredded cheese. My Mom did not do this but we like it that way.
The Cooktuilelaith Columbia, MO
The Rating4 people
Oh thanks, I have not had these in years!organicmama in loved it
I love these.. fixed them this summer as I had forgotten how good they were.... now I want to make them again after seeing this... I grew up on these... of course back then I only ate the fillings and left the pepper...zena824 in Somewhere, USA loved it
I have been looking for this exact way to cook stuffed bell peppers for a long time now. Thanks for the post.donman in Hammond loved it