Pork n Bean BreadFrom nlo209 8 years ago
- 2 cups flour shopping list
- 1 tbsp. baking powder shopping list
- 1 tsp. salt shopping list
- 2 eggs, beaten shopping list
- 1/4 cup salad oil shopping list
- 1/4 cup dark brown sugar, firmly packed shopping list
- 1/4 cup chopped cooked bacon shopping list
- 2 tbsp. dry mustard shopping list
- 1 tbsp. dry minced onion shopping list
- 1 16 oz. can pork and beans shopping list
How to make it
- Measure flour into mixing bowl with baking powder and salt.
- In another bowl, combine, eggs, oil, sugar, bacon, mustard and onion; stir in beans
- Add all at once to flour, stirring just until flour is moistened.
- Pour into a greased 8 1/2"x4 1/2" loaf pan.
- Bake in a 350ºF oven 50 to 55 minutes or until done.
- Cool 15 minutes before removing from pan. Makes 1 loaf.
The Cooknlo209 Toronto, CA
The Rating5 people
I made this loaf and took frankieann's suggestion to add a little more bacon and a splash of maple syrup. It turned out great. Thanksdlpblue in Toronto loved it
I bookmarked this, too. Looks interesting to me! Thanks!frankieanne in Ukiah loved it
I made this today. It was pretty good. It seemed like it needed "something" though. Maybe more bacon. It made a big loaf and I think 1/4 of a cup kind of got lost in it. I think it would go well with a soup or stew. It was very moist! I'd be i...morefrankieanne in Ukiah loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!