Chicken and Shrimp PaellaFrom kristopher 10 years ago
- 1/2 bunch chopped Italian flat leaf parsley shopping list
- 2 tablespoons olive oil shopping list
- 3 cloves crushed garlic shopping list
- 2 cups short-grain white rice shopping list
- 1 tablespoon paprika shopping list
- 1 bay leaf shopping list
- 1 chopped red bell pepper shopping list
- 2 tspns dried oregano shopping list
- salt and black pepper shopping list
- 2 tbspns olive oil shopping list
- 2 lbs skinless boneless chicken breasts (cut into 2 inch pieces) shopping list
- 2 tbspns divided olive oil shopping list
- 1 lb peeled and deveined shrimp shopping list
- 1 tspn crushed red pepper flakes shopping list
- 1 quart chicken stock shopping list
- 2 zested lemons shopping list
- 1 chopped spanish onion shopping list
- 1 lb chorizo sausage (casings removed) shopping list
- 1 pinch saffron threads shopping list
How to make it
- In a medium-large bowl, mix up 2 tbspns olive oil, oregano, paprika, and salt and pepper. Stir in your cut chicken pieces. Cover this and refrigerate.
- Heat up 2 tbspns of olive oil in a large frying-pan (or paella pan) over medium temp. Stir in the garlic, red pepper, and rice. Cook (for about 3 minutes) and stir this in order to coat the rice with oil. Now stir in saffron, bay leaf, chicken stock, parsley, and lemon zest. Bring this to a boil, cover it, and reduce heat to medium-low. Simmer for approximately 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat 2 tbspns of olive oil in a separate frying-pan over medium heat. Then stir in your marinated chicken and onion and cook for about 5 minutes. Stir in the chopped bell pepper and sausage. Cook this for 5 minutes. Stir in your shrimp and cook until both sides of the shrimp are pink.
- Spread your cooked rice mixture onto a serving dish and top with your meat and seafood. Ta-Da!