Butter PrawnsFrom bylow919 10 years ago
- 1 lb large prawns shopping list
- oil for deep frying shopping list
- 3 tablespoons butter shopping list
- 6 bird's eye chilies (chopped) shopping list
- 3 sprigs of curry leaves (use only the leaves) shopping list
- 3 cloves garlic (finely chopped) shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1 teaspoon sugar shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon soy sauce shopping list
- 1 tablespoon Chinese cooking wine (rice wine preferred) shopping list
- 6 tablespoons of grated coconut (dry fried until golden brown) shopping list
How to make it
- Leave the prawn heads and shells on but chop off the eyes part. Slit down the back to remove the veins. Pat dry. Heat oil and deep fry the prawns. Drain and set aside.
- Melt the butter, add bird's eye chilies, curry leaves, garlic, salt and fry for 2 minutes or until fragrant. Add prawns, sugar, soy sauce, wine, and grated coconut. Cook over high heat for 1-2 minutes, stirring frequently. Serve immediately.
- Recipe adapted from "The Food of Malaysia: Authentic Recipes from the Crossroads of Asia."
People Who Like This Dish 12
The Cookbylow919 Irvine, CA
The Rating5 people
My favourite!wokkingmum in Singapore loved it
Stunning dish, flavor and crunch! Wonderfulnotyourmomma in South St. Petersburg loved it
I can already taste this dish just thinking of it! 5 forks and flags flying all over the place !greenlord in Montreal loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!