Chocolate Ganache TartFrom mystic_river1 8 years ago
- 3 tablespoons slivered blanched almonds shopping list
- 6 tablespoons sugar shopping list
- 1 3/4 cups (spooned and leveled) all-purpose flour shopping list
- 2 teaspoons grated orange or lemon zest, (optional) shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, cold and cut into pieces shopping list
- 12 ounces bittersweet chocolate, coarsely chopped shopping list
- 1 1/4 cups heavy cream shopping list
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract shopping list
- Fresh made whipped cream goes well as a topping. shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Make dough: In a food processor, pulse almonds until finely ground. Add sugar, flour, zest (if desired), and salt; pulse until combined. Add butter, pulsing until coarse crumbs form with no large butter lumps (dough should clump together when squeezed with fingers).
- Immediately transfer dough to a 9-inch tart pan with a removable bottom.
- Using a measuring cup, evenly press dough in bottom and up sides of pan.
- Bake in center of oven until golden brown and firm to the touch, about 20 minutes.
- Transfer to a wire rack to cool completely, about 1 hour.
- Make ganache:
- Place chocolate in a large mixing bowl.
- In a small saucepan, bring cream to a boil.
- Pour hot cream, through a sieve, over chocolate.
- Stir until smooth and creamy in texture.
- Mix in vanilla.
- Pour chocolate mixture into center of cooled tart shell (if chocolate is lumpy, pass through a sieve).
- Let stand until set, about 2 hours, or chill for 1 hour.