Thanksgiving StromboliFrom henrie 6 years ago
- 1 tube refrigerated pizza dough, recommended brand Pillsbury shopping list
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour or cornmeal shopping list
- 1 cup leftover cranberry sauce shopping list
- 3 cups leftover turkey, shredded shopping list
- 2 cups leftover stuffing shopping list
- 2 cups aged white cheddar cheese, shredded shopping list
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil (EVOO) shopping list
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds shopping list
- 2 cups leftover gravy shopping list
- Yields: 4 servings shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 400ºF.
- Break open the tube of dough and remove it from container. Dust your hands and lightly cover your work surface with flour or cornmeal. Roll or stretch the dough out slightly then cut it lengthwise and across to make four sections.
- Spread a spoonful of cranberry sauce across one section on a diagonal.
- Layer the turkey and stuffing down the middle of the dough going from one corner to the opposite corner in a diagonal line.
- Cover the turkey and stuffing with the cheddar. (Be careful not to overstuff the stromboli or they won't wrap up!)
- Tuck the two corner edges over the filling -- you should have turkey mixture running down the middle with some filling exposed at each end.
- Brush with EVOO then sprinkle the sesame seeds on top and pat them into the dough. Place onto a baking sheet and bake for
- 20-25 minutes, until evenly golden. Serve with leftover hot gravy alongside.