Butter ChickenFrom iffyo 8 years ago
- For the Gravy: shopping list
- vegetable oil-1/4cup shopping list
- garam masala (whole)-10g shopping list
- ginger garlic paste-1tbsp shopping list
- Red Chili powder- 2tsp shopping list
- Turmeric powder- 1/2tsp shopping list
- coriander seeds powder- 1/4tsp shopping list
- Garam masala powder- 1/4tsp shopping list
- cumin seed powder- 1/4tsp shopping list
- Salt- to taste shopping list
- For the white paste: shopping list
- tomatoes – 3 shopping list
- Onions- 3 shopping list
- watermelon seeds-50g shopping list
- Cashew nuts- 50g shopping list
- Sesame seeds- 1tbsp shopping list
- Turmeric powder- 1/4tsp shopping list
- butter Chicken: shopping list
- Chicken- 500g shopping list
- Butter- 50 g shopping list
- Vegetable oil- 1cup shopping list
- Cumin seeds- 1/2tsp shopping list
- Dried fengreek leaves(Kasuri methi)- 1/2tsp shopping list
- onion chopped – 1 shopping list
- tomato chopped – 1 shopping list
- gravy shopping list
- Garam masala powder- 1/2tsp shopping list
- coriander seed powder-1/2tsp shopping list
- Red chili powder- 1tbsp shopping list
- Salt- to taste shopping list
- Tomato sauce- 1 tbsp shopping list
- orange-red food color- 2 pinches or as required shopping list
- coriander leaves (finely chopped) - 1/2 bunch shopping list
How to make it
- Grind tomatoes to a fine paste; set this aside.
- Cut onions into 4 pieces each, boil these with ½ tsp turmeric powder; when done strain the water and grind to a fine paste, keep this aside.
- Now boil together watermelon seeds, cashew nuts & sesame seeds; when done strain the water and grind to a fine paste, keep this aside.
- Heat oil in a wok; add whole garam masala, ginger-garlic paste & fry for about 2-3
- Now add tomato paste, red chili powder, turmeric powder, coriander seed powder, and salt; fry until oil separates out.
- Now add onion paste, fry for 2-3 minutes; then add white paste, stir well and let this cook for about 10 minutes, until it doesn’t smell of white paste, on medium flame
- Butter Chicken:
- Heat butter & oil in a large pan; add cumin seeds, kasuri methi, and chopped onion, sauté until onion turns transparent; now add chopped tomatoes, fry for 4-5 minutes.
- Now add basic gravy, garam masala powder, coriander seed powder, red chili powder, salt, chicken pieces, tomato sauce, orange-red food color, add a cup of water, stir well & cover the pan with a lid; let this cook till chicken is tender.
- Garnish with chopped coriander leaves.
The Cookiffyo IN
The Rating7 people
Oh my.... !!! This recipe is delicious!!!! Rated 5. How did you know that I would love it??? Dear, Thanks to sent me it!! you so sweet!, I am mailing it to a special friend I have from India!berry in Winter Park loved it
This looks soooo good! I have never eaten watermelon seeds. Who knew? If I can't find them, any other type of seed I could substitute? Can't wait to try this. Thanks!cakelady in Murray loved it
WOW - this looks like an amazing recipe. Yes, a bit time consuming, but surely worth it.
I printed it out and will try it, thanks for sharing it. = )sunny in Portland loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!