My Mothers Gumdrop CookiesFrom lor 9 years ago
- 2 cups brown sugar, packed shopping list
- 1 cup vegetable shortening shopping list
- Note: You can use 1/2 cup vegetable shortening and 1/2 cup butter/margarine shopping list
- 1/2 cup buttermilk or 2% milk shopping list
- 2 large eggs shopping list
- 3-1/2 cups all-purpose flour shopping list
- 1 teaspoon baking soda shopping list
- 1 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 3 cups gumdrops quartered shopping list
How to make it
- Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees.
- Whip brown sugar, shortening, buttermilk and eggs.
- Stir in flour, baking soda, salt and gumdrops.
- Cover and refrigerate approximately1 hour.
- Drop dough by rounded teaspoonfuls about 2 inches apart onto ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake for 8-10 min.
- Immediately remove from cookie sheet and place on wire rack to cool.
- Note: If you immerse scissors occasionally into hot water, they cut gumdrops so much easier.