Rich Chocolate Pecan PieFrom shandy 9 years ago
- Pie: shopping list
- 1 1/2 Cups pecans shopping list
- 1 Cup semi-sweet chocolate chips shopping list
- 1 unbaked 9-inch pie shell (I used my shell recipe for my deep dish pecan pie. . .you will find the recipe there) shopping list
- 4 eggs, beaten shopping list
- 1/2 Cup sugar shopping list
- 1/2 Cup light brown sugar shopping list
- 1/2 Cup corn syrup shopping list
- 1/2 t. vanilla extract shopping list
- Pinch of salt shopping list
- caramel sauce, for garnish, recipe follows shopping list
- Confectioners sugar, for garnish shopping list
- Caramel Sauce: shopping list
- 3/4 Cup sugar shopping list
- 2 T. water shopping list
- 1/2 t. fresh lemon juice shopping list
- 1/2 Cup heavy cream shopping list
- 2 T. to 1/4 Cup whole milk shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- Spread the pecan pieces and the chocolate chip pieces evenly on the bottom of the pie shell.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk the remaining ingredients together. Pour the filling over the pecans. Bake until the filling sets, 50 to 60 minutes. Remove from the oven and cool for 30 minutes before slicing. Cut into individual servings and serve with a drizzle of caramel sauce and sprinkle with confectioners sugar.
- Caramel Sauce:
- Combine the sugar, water, and lemon juice in a medium heavy saucepan and cook over medium-high heat, stirring, until the sugar dissolves. Let boil without stirring until the mixture becomes a deep amber color, 2 to 3 minutes, watching closely so it doesn't burn. Add the cream (be careful; it will bubble up), whisk to combine, and remove from the heat.
- Add 2 Tablespoons of the milk, then add up to 2 more tablespoons, until the desired consistency is reached. Let cool until just warm before serving. (The sauce will thicken as it cools.)
The Cookshandy Port Orchard, WA
The Rating2 people
Oh my This looks so good allmost as good as my new best friend!!michellem in Idaho loved it
Come to mama!! Im looking at all of your past posts, it may take me awhile. Im drooling over your pictures and recipes. You have such an excellent selection. Your photos look Fantastic! I can't believe you do not have any more comments or rating...moremichellem in Idaho loved it
This looks 'To die for'. What a great dessert.pelo2000 in Courtenay loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!