Strawberry Cheesecakes ForeverFrom jo_jo_ba 6 years ago
- 1 1/2 cups chocolate cookie crumbs shopping list
- 4 tbsp unsalted butter or margarine, melted shopping list
- 250g (8oz) light cream cheese, softened shopping list
- 500g (16oz) regular cream cheese, softened shopping list
- 1/2 cup sugar shopping list
- 1 tsp. vanilla shopping list
- 2 eggs shopping list
- ½ Tbsp. cornstarch shopping list
- ¾ cup pure strawberry puree shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 325F. Grease the bottom and sides of a 9-inch spring-form pan and wrap in heavy-duty foil.
- Put the cookie crumbs in a large bowl. Add the melted butter and stir the mixture until the crumbs are evenly moistened with the butter. Transfer the crumbs to the buttered pan.
- Press the crumbs evenly over the bottom of the pan, and slightly up the sides.
- Bake the crust for 6 minutes. Let cool completely.
- Beat cream cheeses, sugar and vanilla with electric mixer on medium speed until well blended.
- Add eggs and cornstarch; mix just until blended.
- Beat in strawberry puree.
- Pour into prepared crust.
- Bang the cake on the countertop to settle batter.
- Bake 1 hour, in a prepared water bath, until center is almost set.
- Turn oven off, leave cheesecake to cool in oven 30 minutes, then remove from oven and water and cool completely on a rack.
- Refrigerate overnight before serving.