Ham and Potato SoupFrom dfangel 6 years ago
- 3 1/2 cups peeled and diced potatoes shopping list
- 1/3 cup diced celery shopping list
- 1/3 cup finely chopped onion shopping list
- 3/4 cup diced cooked ham shopping list
- 3 1/4 cups water shopping list
- 2 tablespoons chicken bouillon granules shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, or to taste shopping list
- 1 teaspoon ground white or black pepper, or to taste shopping list
- 5 tablespoons butter shopping list
- 5 tablespoons all-purpose flour shopping list
- 2 cups milk shopping list
How to make it
- Combine the potatoes, celery, onion, ham and water in a stockpot. Bring to a boil, then cook over medium heat until potatoes are tender, about 10 to 15 minutes. Stir in the chicken bouillon, salt and pepper.
- In a separate saucepan, melt butter over medium-low heat. Whisk in flour with a fork, and cook, stirring constantly until thick, about 1 minute. Slowly stir in milk as not to allow lumps to form until all of the milk has been added. Continue stirring over medium-low heat until thick, 4 to 5 minutes.
- Stir the milk mixture into the stockpot, and cook soup until heated through. Serve immediately.
The Cookdfangel Vancouver, BC, CA
The Rating7 people
Yummy!!! We love tater soup even down here in Tampa. I like to put egg dumplings in with it at times.gingerlea in Tampa loved it
Hi Dfangel. Justjakesmom e-mailed me this recipe. It sounds GREAT! Super post.chihuahua in Sonoma County loved it
Made this soup this week and it was so creamy and delicious! My hubby loved it!conner909 in Southern Calif. loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!