Chocolate Peppermint Pound CaeFrom chefmeow 7 years ago
- 3 cups plus 2 tablespoons sifted all-purpose flour shopping list
- 3 teaspoons baking powder shopping list
- 1 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 2/3 cup unsifted unsweetened cocoa powder shopping list
- 1 cup unsalted butter softened shopping list
- 3 cups granulated sugar shopping list
- 4 large eggs at room temperature shopping list
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract shopping list
- 1 tablespoon chocolate extract shopping list
- 1 teaspoon butter flavoring shopping list
- 2 teaspoons peppermint extract shopping list
- 1-1/2 cups milk at room temperature shopping list
- 1/4 cup sour cream at room temperature shopping list
How to make it
- Lightly grease and flour a tube pan.
- Line the bottom with a circle of waxed paper to fit pan.
- Grease the waxed paper.
- Preheat oven to 325.
- Sift together flour, baking powder, salt and cocoa.
- Cream the butter at high speed for 3 minutes then beat in sugar in three additions beating well after each addition.
- Beat in eggs one at a time.
- Continue beating for at least 3 minutes after the last egg has been added.
- Blend in vanilla, butter flavoring, pepper and chocolate extracts.
- Reduce speed to low then alternately add sifted dry ingredients in three additions with milk in two additions.
- Add sour cream and beat for 4 minutes on low speed.
- Carefully pour and scrape batter into tube pan.
- Shake and tap pan gently to level batter.
- Bake on the lower third-level rack for 90 minutes.
- Allow cooling in pan for 5 minutes carefully invert on cooking rack and remove waxed paper.
- Allow cooling completely.
The Cookchefmeow Garland, TX
- Not added to any groups yet!