Roasted Rosemary Garlic PotatoesFrom grizzlybear 7 years ago
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 450°F.
- Fill a medium-sized pot with 4 quarts of cold water and 1 teaspoon of the salt.
- Cut the potatoes into quarters lengthwise and then cut each piece in half again, yielding eight pieces from each potato. Add the potatoes to the pot, bring to a boil, and cook for 5 to 7 minutes until potatoes are easily pierced with a fork, but not falling apart. Drain well, letting the potatoes sit in a colander for several minutes to remove all excess water.
- While the potatoes are cooking, pour the olive oil into a roasting pan just large enough to hold the potatoes snuggly. Place the roasting pan in the oven and heat the oil until very hot. Remove the heated pan from the oven and carefully place the well-drained potatoes into the pan. (Do not toss the potatoes into the pan because the hot oil will splash.) Put the roasting pan back into the oven, and cook potatoes for 45 minutes. Check the potatoes every ten minutes or so, turning them so they brown all sides.
- Sprinkle on the garlic, rosemary, remaining salt and pepper, and stir the potatoes gently to distribute the herbs. Cook for another minute.
- Drain the potatoes on paper towels for 2 minutes. Adjust the seasoning, if necessary, and serve immediately.
The Cookgrizzlybear CA
- Not added to any groups yet!