White chocolate mousse cake 2From ahmed1 9 years ago
- cake ingredients: shopping list
- 60 grams plain chocolate, chopped shopping list
- 15 grams unsweetened cocoa powder (not Dutch-processed) shopping list
- ½ cup boiling water shopping list
- 160 grams all purpose flour shopping list
- 1 teaspoon baking powder shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda shopping list
- Pinch of salt shopping list
- 115 grams unsalted butter, room temperature shopping list
- 227grams granulated white sugar shopping list
- 2 eggs shopping list
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract shopping list
- ½ cup milk shopping list
- Mousse shopping list
- 340 grams good-quality white chocolate (such as Lindt or Baker's), chopped shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups chilled whipping cream shopping list
- 3 large egg whites shopping list
- 12 strawberry halves shopping list
- cocoa powder. shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Butter and line with parchment paper, a 23 x 5 cm loose bottomed baking pan. Set aside.
- In a stainless steel or heatproof bowl place the chopped chocolate and cocoa powder. Pour the boiling water over the chocolate and cocoa powder and stir until they have melted. Set aside to cool while you make the batter.
- In a separate bowl, whisk to combine, the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
- In the bowl of your electric mixer, cream the butter. Gradually add the sugar and continue beating until the mixture is fluffy (this will take about 3-5 minutes). Add the eggs, one at a time, mixing well after each addition. Add the vanilla extract and melted chocolate mixture and beat to combine.
- Add the milk and flour mixtures in three additions, beginning and ending with the flour mixture. Beat only until the ingredients are incorporated.
- Pour the batter in the prepared pan and smooth the top. Bake for about 35 - 40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Remove from oven and place on a wire rack to cool for about 10 minutes.
- When completely cooled, split the cake in half horizontally; place one half in the same baking pan after you have washed it and save the other half for another use. Arrange the
- Strawberry halves in the small empty space between the pan and the cake.
- Stir white chocolate and 3/4 cup cream in heavy medium saucepan over low heat just until white chocolate is melted. Cool completely.
- Beat remaining 3/4 cup cream in another large bowl until peaks form. Using clean dry beaters beat egg whites in medium bowl until stiff but not dry. Gently fold whites, then whipped cream, into white chocolate mixture. Spoon mousse over cake and chill 3-4
- Hours or overnight. Decorate with sifted cocoa powder and one large strawberry.
The Cookahmed1 Cairo, EG
The Rating8 people
Thanks for the great pictures and the delightful looking dessert...michellem in Idaho loved it
Wow, as always! Can't stop drooling!liezel in Bloemfontein loved it
this is just OUTSTANDING!!iffyo in loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!