Galens Cold Cream - 2000 Yrs OldFrom tuilelaith 8 years ago
How to make it
- Melt the wax into the oil and remove from the heat.
- Stir the borax into a small cupful of the rosewater.
- This helps emulsify the mixture.
- You can manage without the borax, but the cream will probably be thicker as you will not be able to incorporate as much liquid.
- Add the rosewater a drop at a time, stirring constantly.
- When you think that the cream will not accept any more liquid (small beads of liquid will refuse to stir in), stop adding, and keep stirring very gently as the cream cools down.
- Pot into a scrupulously clean jar.
- This makes a wonderful cleansing cream if massaged into the face well before washing with a good handmade soap.
- If you normally couldn’t even think about using real soap on your skin, this cream adds an extra oily layer that should prevent drying.
- The other way to use this is as an overnight moisture pack on dry hands or feet.
- Massage it generously into the skin then wear thin cotton socks on your hands or feet to prevent getting salve all over the bedding.
- In the morning, you should find that all the cream has been absorbed leaving your skin feeling like new.
- ----MY NOTES:----
- I use one of those hand held drink blenders to mix this, It gets it done much faster.
The Cooktuilelaith Columbia, MO
The Rating5 people
Hmmm.. I may have to give this a try.sandygalesmith in Saint Joseph loved it
This is genius. I will definitely try this as I have very dry skin (time of life!)
Thank you for posting this great formula.
Susansitbynellie in Glasgow loved it