Grizzlys Camp StewFrom grizzlybear 9 years ago
- 5 1/2 lb beef roast shopping list
- 5 1/2 lb pork roast shopping list
- 4 Or 5 chickens; 2-1/2 to 3 lbs each shopping list
- 20 lb potatoes shopping list
- 1 ga whole tomatoes plus 2 reg cans tomatoes shopping list
- 5 lb Onions; or 6 lbs shopping list
- 7 cloves of garlic (chopped) shopping list
- 1 ga whole corn plus 2 reg cans corn shopping list
- 64 oz Ketsup shopping list
- 2 Bottles cocktail sauce shopping list
- salt and pepper to taste shopping list
How to make it
- Boil beef and pork roast. Remove excess fat from chickens and boil these. (leave skin on.)
- While meat is boiling, cut 20 lbs potatoes into 1/2 -3/4-inch squares.
- Cut tomatoes into 1/8's (or dice as you like.)
- Cut onions into med size squares. (dice if you like.)
- Put potatoes, onions,Garlic, tomatoes plus most of the tomato juice into boiler to cook. Do Not Add Corn. While this is cooking, tear meat up, shread very fine. Remove all fat, bone and skin.
- Mix all shreaded meat together. When potatoes, tomatoes, garlic and onion are done. Alternate stew and meat into a large container to mix.
- Add Ketsup and cocktail sauce. Mix or stir well. If additional juice is needed, use broth from meats.
- When mixed put in boilers, add corn and simmer till corn is done.
- Beware that stew will stick and scorch easy at this point. When corn is done, camp stew is done. (Freezes well)
- Serve: 25