Turkish DelightFrom jones2888 8 years ago
- 2 cups sugar shopping list
- 2 T cornstarch shopping list
- 1 cups water shopping list
- 1/2 t. cream of tartar shopping list
- 1 T Flavoring * shopping list
- food coloring ** shopping list
- 1/2 cup toasted nuts, chopped *** shopping list
- confectioners' sugar shopping list
- * Flavorings: rose, mastic, strawberry, orange or lemon. shopping list
- ** Food coloring: red, yellow, green or orange (depending on flavoring used) shopping list
- *** Nuts: almonds or pistachios shopping list
How to make it
- Dissolve sugar and cornstarch in water. Add cream of tartar. Boil to 220 degrees F. Cover pot the last 5 minutes. Add flavor and food color. Add nuts.
- Pour into oiled shallow pan. When cool, cut into squares and roll each piece in sifted powdered sugar.
- Store in plastic bag.
People Who Like This Dish 12
- suninah Umhlanga Rocks, South Africa
- dancingfox Butler, PA
- ningnomaningnong Christchurch, NZ
- easybake143 Sneads Ferry
- mbeards2 Omaha, NE
- juliecake Bluffdale, UT
- anetamar Winnipeg, CA
- greekgirrrl Huntington Village, NY
- lor Toronto, Canada
- peetabear Mid-hudson Valley, NY
- Plus 2 othersFrom around the world!
The Cookjones2888 Columbus, OH
The Rating4 people
cool thanks, my husband loves this stuff and its sounds so easypeacekeeper0 in Kent loved it
This my dad's favorite. Now, I can finally make him some. He doesnt callit it Turkish, though. Everything is Greek to him!! LOL Thanks!greekgirrrl in Huntington Village loved it
I've been eating Fry's Turkish Delight for eons! Can't wait to try this.....thanks!juliecake in Bluffdale loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!