Broccoli And Cheese SoupFrom yummers 8 years ago
- 3 cups chopped broccoli shopping list
- 3 Tbsp butter shopping list
- ¼ cup finely chopped onion shopping list
- 4 tsp chicken bouillon mix shopping list
- 3 Tbsp all-purpose flour shopping list
- ½ tsp paprika shopping list
- ½ tsp dry mustard shopping list
- 2 cups 1% milk shopping list
- 2 cups water shopping list
- 2 cups grated old cheddar cheese shopping list
- ½ tsp salt shopping list
How to make it
- Cook broccoli in boiling water until tender crisp. Drain well and reserve water.
- Melt butter in large saucepan and saute onion until tender.
- Blend in bouillon mix, flour, paprika & mustard. Gradually stir in milk and water. Cook over medium heat, stirring until mixture comes to a boil and thickens.
- Remove from heat.
- Add cheese and stir until melted.
- Add cooked broccoli & salt. Re-heat to serving temperature. DO NOT BOIL.
- Pass more grated cheese to sprinkle over individual servings.
The Cookyummers Port Moody, CA
The Rating5 people
Will definitely keep this - my favorite soup.lincolntoot in Freehold loved it
I have never attempted to make a homemade soup and this is the first soup I have made, it was so good and creamy, can not wait to try making more home made soups. Love broccoli and cheese soup, yumm!shakeyslady7 in Venetia loved it
This soup is satisfying & delicious enough to serve to company!liv4eal in Oshawa loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!