German Egg Pancakes With LemonFrom mystic_river1 6 years ago
- 2 cups water shopping list
- 1 cup heavy cream shopping list
- 10 eggs shopping list
- 1/3 cup powdered skim milk shopping list
- 3 1/4 cups flour (sifted) shopping list
- 1 cup powdered sugar shopping list
- 1 tbsp salt shopping list
- 1/4 tsp baking powder shopping list
- a pinch of nutmeg shopping list
- 1 cup butter shopping list
- Also, for topping: shopping list
- 1 bag of lemons shopping list
- powdered sugar shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees.
- In a big bowl combine the water, heavy cream, and powdered milk. Beat this mixture until its smooth, then add the eggs , the powdered sugar, flour sifted for accuracy of measurement., salt, baking powder, and nutmeg.
- Beat all of this until it is smooth.
- You need a med-large pan that is teflon-coated, with handles that are ok in the oven up to 375 degrees. , a baking pan will do the trick.
- Put 2 tbsp. of butter in the pan that you have pre-melted in the microwave and, once melted, swirl it around the pan to coat it.
- Add approximately 1/2 a cup of the batter to the pan, and swirl that around as well. This should leave you with a relatively thin layer (1/4" or so) of batter in the bottom of the pan.
- If your oven is ready to go, pop 'em in .
- I had two different sized pans to use (8" and 10" )so I used them both. I just staggered their location in the oven so that one wasn't blocking the heat to the other from below.
- 12 minutes at 400 degrees.
- The larger pan will take a few minutes longer so check on them.
- Once the pancakes start to brown around the edges, and curl away from the sides of the pan, they're ready to come out .When done put on a plate and keep them warm somewhere (toaster oven?)else while you keep cooking.
- Make sure you remember to keep that hot mitt handy, because seeing a pan on the stovetop, you don't always think to have a hot mitt on.
- prepare your topping of lemon and powdered sugar,
- If you like lemon at all though, try this topping, it's really easy .
- Just halve all lemons, and juice them.
- Add some lemon juice, sprinkle some powdered sugar on it to counter-act the sour lemon juice, and you have a gorgeous pancake
People Who Like This Dish 8
The Cookmystic_river1 Bradenton, Florida
The Rating4 people
I've had something similar to these, they were topped with fruit and delicious! Great post!shelleybeanz73 in Ashland loved it
yeah this is good. Thanks for letting me look at the recipes it was a blastmomo_55grandma in Mountianview loved it