German Egg Pancakes With LemonFrom mystic_river1 6 years ago
- 2 cups water shopping list
- 1 cup heavy cream shopping list
- 10 eggs shopping list
- 1/3 cup powdered skim milk shopping list
- 3 1/4 cups flour (sifted) shopping list
- 1 cup powdered sugar shopping list
- 1 tbsp salt shopping list
- 1/4 tsp baking powder shopping list
- a pinch of nutmeg shopping list
- 1 cup butter shopping list
- Also, for topping: shopping list
- 1 bag of lemons shopping list
- powdered sugar shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees.
- In a big bowl combine the water, heavy cream, and powdered milk. Beat this mixture until its smooth, then add the eggs , the powdered sugar, flour sifted for accuracy of measurement., salt, baking powder, and nutmeg.
- Beat all of this until it is smooth.
- You need a med-large pan that is teflon-coated, with handles that are ok in the oven up to 375 degrees. , a baking pan will do the trick.
- Put 2 tbsp. of butter in the pan that you have pre-melted in the microwave and, once melted, swirl it around the pan to coat it.
- Add approximately 1/2 a cup of the batter to the pan, and swirl that around as well. This should leave you with a relatively thin layer (1/4" or so) of batter in the bottom of the pan.
- If your oven is ready to go, pop 'em in .
- I had two different sized pans to use (8" and 10" )so I used them both. I just staggered their location in the oven so that one wasn't blocking the heat to the other from below.
- 12 minutes at 400 degrees.
- The larger pan will take a few minutes longer so check on them.
- Once the pancakes start to brown around the edges, and curl away from the sides of the pan, they're ready to come out .When done put on a plate and keep them warm somewhere (toaster oven?)else while you keep cooking.
- Make sure you remember to keep that hot mitt handy, because seeing a pan on the stovetop, you don't always think to have a hot mitt on.
- prepare your topping of lemon and powdered sugar,
- If you like lemon at all though, try this topping, it's really easy .
- Just halve all lemons, and juice them.
- Add some lemon juice, sprinkle some powdered sugar on it to counter-act the sour lemon juice, and you have a gorgeous pancake
People Who Like This Dish 8
The Cookmystic_river1 Bradenton, Florida
The Rating4 people
yeah this is good. Thanks for letting me look at the recipes it was a blastmomo_55grandma in Mountianview loved it
I've had something similar to these, they were topped with fruit and delicious! Great post!shelleybeanz73 in Ashland loved it