Coffee Toffee BarsFrom notyourmomma 9 years ago
- 1 cup (2 sticks) softened butter shopping list
- 1 cup brown sugar shopping list
- 1 teaspoon almond extract shopping list
- 1 to 2 tablespoons instant coffee shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 2 to 2 1/2 cups sifted flour shopping list
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips shopping list
- 1/2 cup chopped almonds shopping list
- almond glaze: shopping list
- 1 tablespoon softened butter shopping list
- 3/4 cup sifted powdered sugar shopping list
- 1/8 teaspoon almond extract shopping list
- 1 to 2 tablespoons milk shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cream butter and brown sugar with electric mixer.
- Blend in almond extract, instant coffee, baking powder and salt.
- Add sifted flour to form a stiff dough.
- Stir in chocolate morsels and almonds.
- Press dough into a greased 15- by 10- by 1-inch jelly roll pan.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes.
- While dough is cooking, make glaze.
- Mix butter, powdered sugar and almond extract together by hand in medium bowl.
- Add milk until glaze is spreading consistency.
- Glaze cooked warm dough before cutting into bars.
- Makes 3 dozen.
People Who Like This Dish 8
- NPMarie Magalia, CA
- marges Springfield, MO
- jo_jo_ba Oshawa, CA
- runninggirl7 Moneta, VA
- geranium Milwaukee, WI
- capedread Peterborough. Cambridgeshire, GB
- jeffsgirl Medford, OR
- clbacon Birmingham, AL
- trackwidow Fort Atkinson, WI
- notyourmomma South St. Petersburg, FL
- Show up here?Review or Bookmark it! ✔
The Cooknotyourmomma South St. Petersburg, FL
The Rating5 people
I bet these are yummy!trackwidow in Fort Atkinson loved it
My mom made these in the 1980's and I continue to do so every Christmas. My husband's favourite.brandywinefalls in loved it