Carrot Cake With Apple And RaisinsFrom trigger 8 years ago
- 4oz pecans or walnuts, toasted and coarsely chopped shopping list
- 10.5 oz raw carrots finely grated shopping list
- 2.5 oz grated apple shopping list
- 1/4 cup raisins shopping list
- 2 cups all-purpose flour shopping list
- 1 teaspoon baking soda shopping list
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1 ground nutmeg shopping list
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon shopping list
- 4 large eggs shopping list
- 10.5 oz granulated white sugar shopping list
- 1 cup vegetable oil shopping list
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract shopping list
- 2 teaspoons Nocello (Italian walnut flavor liqueur) shopping list
How to make it
- 1.Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and place rack in center of oven. 2.Butter and lightly dust pans with flour .
- 3.Peel and finely grate the carrots. Set aside.
- 4.In a separate bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, nutmeg and ground cinnamon. Set aside.
- 5.In bowl of electric mixer, with the paddle attachment beat the eggs until frothy. Gradually add the sugar and beat until the batter is thick and light colored. Add the oil in a steady stream and then beat in the vanilla the extract and the Nocello. Add the flour mixture and beat just until incorporated.
- 6. Fold in the grated carrots, apples, raisins and chopped nuts. Evenly divide the batter between the two prepared pans and bake 35 to
- 45minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- 7.Remove from oven and let cool on a wire rack. After about 5 -10 minutes invert the cakes onto the wire rack.
People Who Like This Dish 8
The Cooktrigger MA
The Rating5 people
This looks wonderful. Thank you again!organicmama in loved it
I have my own version of carrot cake, but this looks amazing! I also don't like my carrot cake to have a frosting. It goes great with tea without the frosting. I'm going to save your recipe and give it a try.invisiblechef in loved it
great recipe thanksmomo_55grandma in Mountianview loved it